For me, casual relationships are beautiful; imagine a relationship where you are not obligated to follow any stupid rules and can feel free to enjoy the movement instead of getting over possessive.
I had been in a committed relationship and I have been through casual relationship; let me tell you one thing, being in a casual relationship felt way more pleasing and satisfying. One of the biggest reason why I love being in a casual relationship instead of being in committed relationship is because of the end of relationship, Committed relationships often end with ugly fights whereas casual relationships start on the basis of mutual interest and mutual respect, and you are obligated to be in relationship just because you promised.
Let’s discuss the Perks and Drawbacks of casual relationships.
Perks of being in a casual relationship
- No games please: For the first time in life I experience the meaning of truly being with someone, being in a casual relationship was like being with your best friend. You hide nothing and you are not required to play any games to impress your partner. You can be what you are.
- Enjoy the freedom: Still being in a relationship you can still enjoy the freedom of being single, you can still hang out with friends and get drunk till you pass-out, no one is there to force etiquettes on you.
- No need to lie: you are not required to lie about your conversation with other girls or boy, you are together on the basis on mutual trust not because of some stupid promises that you want to break silently.
- Not obligated to do anything: Personally I was fed up with obligations of that comes as an add-on to any relationship, why get yourself in a relationship when you are ought to do things according to relationship rules.
- The absence of stupid emotions: most of the people in the relationship are together because of sex and emotional needs but in casual relationships, you are not bound because of some emotional needs, you are together because you like to spend time and you appreciate the personal space as well.
- The purest form of relation: in a committed relationship you are liable to be true full because of the commitment you had, but in a casual relationship you are together because you want to be. You both get drunk without any hesitation, you enjoy personal space to enjoy with your friends and you have sex to stay connected. You don’t need society’s rules to have sex with the one you are attracted.
Drawbacks of being in a casual relationship
- You may lose a friend: casual relationships happen between good friends usually, and in case of any breakup you might lose a wonderful friend.
- You might lose your partner if they find someone better: because of the only fact that they are not bound to be with you just because they said that.
- Being brutally honest can backfire: every coin has two different faces and they might be aware of your single face, being honest in a relationship may also lead to a break-up.
- Most of the casual relationships lack love and respect: because of few stupid people who consider casual relationship just to have casual sex with someone.
- Chances of heartbreak: In your journey of being in a casual relationship, chances of falling in love with the partner are high and it might lead to heartbreak because of the same reason that your partner was never in love with you.
Casual relationships are the most practical relationship you can have with your partner, you will not be obligated to follow any rules that are choking you, you are
I have just shared what I experienced being in both kind of relationship, and I am leaving it up to you whether you still like to be in a casual relationship or committed relationship.